Prestige Sanctuary Nandi Hills is a hill fortress in the South Indian state of Karnataka. The Hills are near town Nandi. The sunset at Nandi Hills is popular among tourists. Many exotic flora and fauna are present here and are popular among bird watchers. The serene weekend destination has now become popular among the residential community as people likes to migrate or invest in this area especially because of the climate and the atmosphere of this area. With that the upcoming IT development project of ITIR – Information Technology Investment Region have also increased the current residential development at this area. With this blooming IT development as catalyst Nandi Hills have witnessed huge developmental activities. This famous tourist attraction has now developed into a residential area at certain places. There are many upcoming residential projects that are happening near areas such as Devanahalli and Doddaballapur
Now, let us analyse the pros and cons of living near Nandi Hills.
- Railway stations such as Nandi Halt and Chikkaballapur Railway Station are close to this region hence making an easy traveling facility to and from Nandi Hills.
- The Kempagowda International Railway Station is only about 37 km from Nandi Hills.
- BMTC buses have connected the locale to Bangalore through the roadway nexus hence making easier to travel through roadways also.
- Well – connected to all parts of Norther Bangalore via National Highway 7.
- Excellent connectivity to Chikkaballapur and Devanahalli by the Hebbal flyover.
- Easy connectivity to Bangalore Central which is about a distance of 60 km.
- There are many reputed educational institutions among this area such as BGS English School, Akash Olympiad School, New Central English School, Geetanjali International School and many more.
- Availability of higher educational institutions such as the Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology, GITAM University, etc.
- Medical Institutions like Cancer Awareness Network for Rural India, CSI Hospital, Leena Multi – Speciality Hospital, Narayan Multi – Speciality Hospital, Columbia Asia Hospital and many more are situated in and around of Nandi Hills.
- Places close by Nandi Hills and its distance are as follows:
- Embassy Manyata Business Park is around 56 km from Nandi Hills via NH – 44
- Koramangala is around 68 km via Bellary Road
- International Tech Park, that is ITPB is around 63 km via State Highway 104
- KIADB Industrial Area is around 59 km via Bellary Road
- Whitefield is around 63 km via State Highway – 104
- Electronic City is around 79 km via Hosur Road.
- HM Tech Park, Infantry Tech Park, and Rajajinagar IT Park Whitefield are around 60 km from Nandi Hills.
Apart from the above-mentioned advantages of living in and around Nandi Hills, the government is giving serious attention to this area and many projects are going on in and around Nandi Hills. The Horticulture department is developing an exotic botanical garden that stretches across 140 acres of the hill surface. Also, a magnificent food court project worth 1 crore is also being initiated by the department.
The other ongoing project include a planetarium, Gondola Lift system and many more are also being emerging here. With the end of all these projects the value of residential as well as commercial properties and plots will increase to a great extent.
- The traffic in this area is tougher especially during weekends, this may upset the residential community at Nandi Hills.
- Crowd at the tourist spot may indirectly affect the peace and serene atmosphere of the people living there.
- With increase in tourist population, this increases the disposal of waste by them hence creating poor cleanliness among certain places.
- With an increase in tourists there exist a provision for higher security at a residential property.
While analysing the advantages and disadvantages of living at Nandi Hills, it could be concluded that the advantages out – weighs in number than disadvantages. Looking in general Nandi Hills is an appropriate place to live as it has all the major facilities around it. The disadvantages surrounding the place must also be looked upon as it might be uncomfortable for people. But it could be solved by certain measures such as buying a property not in a close proximity to the tourist attractions and were crowd gathers.